Is Porsche Still Working on a New Porsche 550 Spyder?Posted by: David Hurth / Category: News, Porsche
Mueller has apparently said that Porsche is withing for the time to be right to introduce the new roadster. What time frame are we talking about? It could be some time soon or as far as seven years away. The good news is that the project has already been getting feedback from focus groups, so there is a good chance that the car will in fact be built at some point.
The new car is expected to use a four-cylinder 2.5 liter engine that would be capable of producing as much as 365hp in turbocharged form. However, don’t expect this horsepower number to be that high for the entry level Porsche 550 Spyder as the same engine is rumored to be coming to the Porsche Boxster (possibly as soon as 2013) in order to reduce emissions and fuel consumption.
You can go to the referenced source of this post here.
Post written by David Hurth using scovry
- Important: This blog has moved
- The New Porsche Boxster (981) Receives Multiple Accolades from Publications
- Car and Driver Unveils its 10Best Cars of 2012 – Video
- Porsche Surpasses Previous Year’s Record Figures
- Share Your Porsche Stories